Monday, September 30, 2013

Teaching is a Hoot!

I saw a tutorial by Marlyn at Montreal Confections that I couldn't wait to try -- my opportunity came when a friend from church asked me to make a tray of cookies to deliver to one of our local schools for a teacher appreciation event. I tried Marlyn's method of making transfers for the owl eyes and loved how easy it was - AND the cute effect it had on the cookie:



 
 
 
The orange pumpkins really stood out against the purple owls and made a very eye-catching tray. I needed a 'banner' cookie, so I used my Wilton comfort grip oak leaf cutter to cut a couple of cookies to write "Teaching is a Hoot!"
 
This is one of the best cookie sets I've ever done, and it was a lot of fun to design and implement.
 
The Cookie Lady
 


No comments:

Post a Comment